What I learned at the Met Ball last night:
- Zac Posen is my fashion superhero. Please see his combined superman costume with Kate Mara.
- Models only hang out with models. I felt like a kid in a candy store watching Coco, Anja, Hilary, Chanel, Stam, Lily D., and Doutzen cluster for 15 minutes…although literally no one else cared. Apparently George Clooney’s a bigger deal.
- Michelle Trachtenberg is one of the models. She jumped into Stam’s arms and kiss/kissed everyone else, (while also, interestingly enough, avoiding every single Gossip Girl cast member on the red carpet).
- Philip Lim and Chanel Iman are the perfect couple – and probably the only two people who look amazing in that faded mustard color.
- The Voguettes did not have to wear shades of white. I spotted mint green, gold, purple, and navy – which was on Meredith Melling-Burke who also wore Natalie’s beloved YSL star necklace.
- When I asked Christopher Bailey which superhero he was channelling, he said, “Christopher Bailey!” and giggled.
- Donatella Versace wears a wig.
- Penn Badgley wears red and blue cufflinks – his personal homage to Spiderman – while waiting for Blake Lively to pose for pictures. Apparently, the waiting has become a nightly routine.
- When Pacey stands next to Chuck, Nate and Dan, I long for the teen dramas of my adolescence – even if the clothes are better now.