We love shoes, and we love Dazed and Confused style tie-dye.
Needless to say, when we saw these Reed Evins tie-dyed sandals on Oak’s website, we were in love. The price, however, was a bit out of our range. We’re on a self-imposted major purchase hiatus.
So we got ourselves in a summer camp frame of mind and DIY-ed our own version. Now we’re totally set for that next party at the Moontower. And for our next pair, we’re totally trying multiple colors.
A pair of sandals (we used a super inexpensive pair from Forever 21)
Fabric dye (any color!)
1. Grab a piece of fabric and then wind a few elastics around it. We continued to do this until our t-shirt was totally covered with elastics. The more the better.
2. Die your fabric. Just follow the directions that are on your box of fabric dye, and let the shirt dry overnight.
3. Lay your t-shirt down flat on the ground and cut it into strips that are about 1.5 to 2 inches wide. These strips will become the fabric for your straps.
4. From here, it’s as simple as tying and gluing on the fabric. We started with the back strap, and went from there.
5. Cut off the excess fabric
6. Seal the ends with super glue.