Okay, so we’re down to the final three…and the always fun Tim Gunn home visits. We just wish we had seen more of the clothes. Nonetheless, away we go with the q’s.
1. So Irina’s got issues with Althea about copying ideas, but was fully okay with using another artist’s renderings for her shirts without permission? Obviously, there were some lawyers involved with the show who were not so okay with this.
2. Where my Blue Devils at? Who knew Carol Hannah would take her inspiration from the Duke Chapel? I must say, it is quite stunning, especially at night.
3. Does anyone else take small pleasure in completely agreeing with Tim in real time while viewing? As in screaming at your TV, “NO!” when Carol Hannah threw that mess of a beaded belt on her dress in his presence.
4. If someone calls one of your pieces “borderline Hillary Clinton,” is that the worst thing you could hear going into Fashion Week?
5. Upon seeing that Irina’s collection was basically all black, didn’t you just flashback to Anna in The September Issue saying to Stefano Pilati, “Stefano, no color?”
6. Along those lines, did Irina just sign her own walking papers by clearly stating, “I disagree with Nina” regarding said all-black collection?
7. How happy were you to see the show back in New York? My favorite line on the subject, of course, came from Tim: “We’re using our feet. It’s New York.” Bless you, Mr. Gunn.
8. Did we ever know the Mood dog’s name was Swatch? LOVE!
9. When you saw Althea’s (rather sad) leather jacket, didn’t it just make you long for Rick Owens?
10. Why are contestants still feigning surprise at the “shocking” 13th look with help from the last three designers kicked off challenge? Do they not watch the show?