Disclosure: I haven’t watched this show since Daniel Vosovic lost. Add your own relevant questions, especially those reflective of more recent seasons, in the comments section. Also, I was watching this live, so quotes might not be exact.
1. The first thing out of Seth’s mouth is, “I want to be a fashion icon.” He goes on to mention Dior and Karl Lagerfeld. Alex Shulman says this about fashion icons, “Iconic is used so often nowadays that it has simply come to mean ‘recognizable.’ It has nothing to do with the fact that an icon should represent something more than the sum of its parts. In the world in which I work, people are capable of calling a handbag ‘iconic!’” So will you pick a different word Seth?
2. Why is Bravo advertising Launch My Line on the network that stole their successful fashion reality show?
3. Can Tim Gunn send an intern to Barnes and Noble to pick up a copy of Kelly Cutrone’s new book, If You Have to Cry, Go Outside and Other Things Your Mother Never Taught You for Janeane?
4. The cast includes a physical therapist, an actor, a musician, and a printmaker. Do those with the title “Freelance Fashion Designer” feel like slackers?
5. To whoever said, “Oh my god! What is that?” while pointing at the Empire State Building, really?
6. Is Jessie (who maybe if you have a couple of beers and squint looks like Chris Benz) channeling SS08 McQueen or Vivienne Westwood Westwood Red Label? Add some flair kiddo!
7. Will Emilio be our favorite? The dress was cute, he’s confident, not annoying, and didn’t have a conniption fit when Tim warned him to hurry up.
8. After Nicole Richie’s vote of confidence, “The assignment was to express yourself, Ping did that best,” were we the only ones who thought Wu would win?
9. Michael Kors’ use of the word appendage was great, and so was this exchange,
Tim Does it become cartoonish?
Seth This challenge is supposed to represent me.
But wasn’t Anthony’s “Like fat people at an open buffet in Vegas” the best quote of the night? FakeKarl must have use for that quip.
10. Is the Rock really in a movie with Julie Andrews?