Technically, New York Fashion Week starts next Wednesday.
Not so technically, there’s tomorrow night’s launch of Olsenboye, Thursday’s Chanel Iman-hosted Sonia Rykiel for H&M knitwear party, Tuesday means Cartier’s fragrance launch and Sundance’s Full Frontal Fashion party poolside at The Standard – well basically, it feels like it’s already started.
So what do we know so far?
– Alice & Olivia’s presentation, at the Gansevoort’s new Provocateur, will feature music from the Misshapes and a live performance by Mickey Avalon.
– Jeremy Scott’s show is called, “Hanger Appeal,” and his invite is the sketch at left – the best thing we’ve seen so far (except for Cynthia Steffe which came with a bar of Mast Brothers chocolate).
– Bespoken’s AW09 collection, inspired by “Keith Richards at a dinner party,” includes a collaboration with the 150 year old British shirt label, Turnball & Asser.
– The William Rast show, which is being held at the beautiful but oh-so-small Cedar Lake, will also have live music. Justin? We wish. More likely his co-designer and best friend Trace Ayala.
– Walter, the contemporary brand favored by Whitney Port & co. will have a blogger pit for anyone interested in live-blogging the show. Here’s hoping it’s more organized than a photog pit.
– And the best rumor? Ryan Gosling’s allegedly DJing LNA‘s party at MILK on February 11th. If this turns out to be true, the seven other parties that night will probably be empty.