I really enjoyed imaginary shopping this fashion week. Why? Because lots of designers attempted to make wearable yet interesting clothes. And of course, anything that’s wearable and interesting is bound to catch my eye. Here’s a smattering of what I saw and savored.
1. Preen‘s navy power suit. Wall Street-inspired perfection.
3. Michael Kors‘ camel wool a-line skirt. I usually prefer pencil, but this high-waisted, narrow a-line is irresistible.
4. Black pleated leather pants from Paris68. Just perfect in proportion and style.
5. Jenni Kayne‘s tweed charcoal vest. The piece I really don’t need but really, really want.
6. The dove leather anorak at Vena Cava. It’s kind of difficult to tell from this picture, but this jacket is a soft grey leather but shaped like my favor oversize army green anorak.
7. Vena Cava‘s silk shorts. I’ve been looking for perfectly pleated black silk shorts forever! These will fit better than my fuddy-duddy vintage pair.
8. Band of Outsiders‘ new bandage skirt. I’ve been lusting after one of Scott’s bandage skirts for four seasons now. I didn’t even see this one until I got a second look after the show. With its nearly nordic styling, I might finally splurge.
9. Tommy Hilfiger‘s chocolate leather pleated skirt. I really liked Hilfiger’s collection, and this chocolate leather skirt is cool enough to wear with Acne heels but sweet enough to pair with brown brogues.
10. Sailor hat. Peter Jensen. Need I say more?