Can J.Crew do no wrong?
Sometimes, it feels that way. And it sure seemed like it at Thursday’s Fall 2010 presentations, where men’s design head Frank Muytjens and creative director Jenna Lyons made us excited for the season all over again. Herewith, our top ten J.Crew Fall 2010 moments:
10. Muytjens’ navy herringbone tweed Ludlow blazer. We want it for our boyfriend, and for ourselves.
9. A pair of charcoal wool and black suede chukka boots with a three inch heel.
8. Fishtail braids–Lyons was wearing them herself, and now we’re determined to master the technique.
7. Fresh flowers peeking out of leather handbags.
6. A puffy, frilly cream skirt underneath a military jacket. Britt’s hoping this goes into production. She was pleasantly surprised when the floral romper from the spring presentation appeared in the catalog.
5. Nars’ Funny Face lipstick. Lyons told us that the shocking fuschia color is being discontinued, and that the J.Crew team is quite distraught. Could Lyons’ fall look book force the makeup brand to keep Funny Face in stock? We think so.
4. Lyons’ favorite piece of the season–the suede shearling-lined vest. “I feel like I’m going to wear constantly,” she told us.
3. The plaid cloak. If there was ever a reason to buy a cloak, this is it.
2. Sparkling skirts and shirts. We’re not huge glitter people, but Lyons’ red and purple sequined skirt and green sequined camisole might sway us come fall.
1. Curly. Lamb. Shearling. Jacket. Very “Little Edie goes to girl scout camp,” which is how Lyons summed up the collection.