1. When Erin and Olivia are meeting with Joe Zee, why can’t Olivia get up and walk two steps to grab a notebook from Joe? We’re glad she refused to move so we could witness a deliciously frosty transaction between Olivia and Erin in which Olivia points at Erin and asks her to fetch the notebook for her in a tone we can only imagine she reserves for wait staff and her cleaning lady.
2. Foreshadowing much? How many times did Kelly Cutrone say “very” as in it would be a “very bad thing” if Roxy doesn’t get Whitney’s line on some random Canadian pop star? 15. We counted.
3. Jian, who produces Canadian pop sensation Lights, is, according to Kelly Cutrone, the “Ryan Seacrest of Canada.” What does that even mean?
4. Why does Prabal Gurung have such a soothing voice? We could listen to him say things like “burnt plastic pallettes” and “laser cut organza” all day in his elegant Nepalese accent.
5. Does Olivia secretly know what she’s doing? We must, begrudgingly, admit that, aside from that scene where her editor has to tell her to take notes, Olivia did her job this episode. The look she pulled from Prabal was a standout during Elle’s Martha Stewart segment, and the blue tuxedo pants really did pop on camera. Props Olivia. Just this time.
6. Didn’t you always wonder what TV show hosts and their celeb guests say to each other right before they start taping? If you’re Robbie Myers, apparently you say to Martha Stewart, “You’re so pretty.” Twice. As if you were trying to win over the cool girl in middle school. Hey, whatever works.
7. Why so sad Derek Lam girl? Despite Erin’s urging that the model in Derek Lam smile and not look so “depressed” during Elle‘s Martha Stewart segment she sulked on stage anyway. Maybe Martha just scares her?
8. When did Whitney decide to grow a pair? Whit’s usually a total pushover next to Roxy but in this episode she’s the aggressor and we liked it. After the Lights jacket debacle Whitney tells Roxy, “Kelly gave you this responsibility and if you can’t pull through you shouldn’t be doing this anymore.” And then later, flippantly, “So then move out.” More of this Whitney please.
9. Martha Stewart in Alexander Wang!? I love that out of all the looks from Elle‘s segment on up and coming designers (which included Alexander Wang, Jason Wu, Derek Lam, Prabal Gurung, and Joseph Altuzarra) – Martha wants the Alexander Wang varsity jacket for her own closet. Amazing. We can see it now, Martha Stewart and Erin Wasson, BFF.
10. Where was Kelly Cutrone in this episode? Even though Whitney really stepped up her game, it wasn’t enough to make up for Kelly’s limited air time. We did enjoy watching the bemused look on her face as she watched Whitney and Roxy hash out their strategy to put Lights in Whitney Eve, like she knew it would be a disaster from the start. She’s like some fashion soothsayer.