I’m heading off to Pitti Uomo and Pitti W next week, Florence’s men’s and women’s fairs. Other than eating authentic Neapolitan pizza, which I’m clearly most excited about, there are a ton of great events and shows going on during the week that are sure to make it a memorable few days:
1. Trussardi dal 1911. The Italian house will celebrate its 100th birthday at Pitti with a Fall 2011 runway show. The show will be live-streamed on www.trussardi.com, and brand devotees will be able to buy certain items immediately following the event on www.thecorner.com. There will also be a ton of great pieces from Trussardi’s archives on hand–including gloves from the original Dante Trussardi glove factory–for attendees to view.
2. Liberty’s Men’s Club Cocktail Party. When I lived in London I attended many Liberty of London cocktail parties. I remember one in particular, for jeweler Shaun Leane, where Elton John, Isabella Blow, and Sam Taylor Wood all showed up. Add some canapes, fancy decor, Champagne, and what you have equals magic. So yes, despite my old lady disposition, I’m am thrilled to clink glasses with the Liberty crew yet again. This time around, we’ll be celebrating the launch of their menswear collection, produced by Slowear.
3. Gareth Pugh! The British wunderkind is showing his next collection as Pitti’s women’s guest designer. He told Dazed Digital that the space in which he will show is “very Florentine” and that the collection will reflect that.
4. Carhartt x Adam Kimmel The menswear designer–who I not-so-secretly wish would launch something for women–will debut his collection for workwear label Carhartt.
5. Alberta Ferretti’s “Real Women” Collection. Much like Tom Ford, Ferretti will use a group of muses–from actresses to ex-models to socialites–to model her clothes on the Florence runway. Those muses include a mystery blogger…who might it be?