Oh, Tom Ford. You are a ridiculously amazing human who never fails to say and do ridiculous things. Take for example, Ford’s recent interview with John Currin in Interview. He says so many awesomely over-the-top things we couldn’t pick just one. Here are his top five quotes:
1. I lust after beautiful women. First of all, I love women. But I lust after beautiful women in the way that I lust after a beautiful piece of sculpture—this will probably get me in trouble—or a beautiful car. I believe everyone’s on a sliding scale of sexuality. There are moments where I am sexually attracted to women. But it doesn’t overpower my first impulse; my lust for them is the same as my lust for beauty in all things. It’s not like I ever think, “Oh, my god, I’ve got to spread her legs and fuck her.”
2. I’m an equal-opportunity objectifier…I’m sorry, I don’t understand why our culture both worships and objectifies beauty, and then slams those of us who participate in it. Because I make that detachment, I’m capable of objectifying a beautiful woman, but that doesn’t demean her in any way. She’s beautiful because she’s a creature who exists physically, in the physical world, who happens to be in a moment of prime.
3. [W]hen I come home I actually take off all my clothes, and I wear no clothes until I leave. I eat naked. I do everything completely naked.
4. I think gay men make better designers.
5. Sexuality is in the eyes, it’s an expression, it’s in a look. Then, all of a sudden, I looked at [a reporter with whom Ford was conducting an interview where they were both naked] in a very different way, and it made him very nervous.