This deep side part appeared on all the classy runways in Paris. And the best news? Unlike some other ridiculous trends we’ve seen, it actually looks good in real life! We asked Christopher Lospalluto, a celeb stylist at the Sally Hershberger Salon here in NYC, how to do it:
1) Prep your hair with a light heat protective gel or prep spray. Let it air dry so it’s not soaking wet but still damp.
2) Using the arch of your eyebrow as a guide, start your part a few centimeters to the left or right depending on which side you want.
3) Comb over each side and pull back tightly, securing with an elastic close to the nape of your neck. (Either centered or off-center looks great )
4) Then leave as a ponytail and let it air dry, or twist into simple chignon.
5) Finish off the top with light shinespray and/or hairspray depending how wet and sleek you want it.
Voilà! Pulled back hair that’s less gym, more runway.