THE BOLDFACE NAMES
It’s no surprise that the biggest retailers draw the biggest names. Here’s a look at what Bergdorf’s, Saks, Macy’s and Bloomies have in store for their NYC flagships come September 8.
- Michael Kors will make an appearance in Bergdorf’s famed Fifth Avenue windows to celebrate 30 years of being stocked at the specialty retailer.
- As much as we love us some MK, we’re almost more excited about the designer dog show. Designers Alexandra Vidal, Badgley Mischka, Bibhu Mohapatra, Cushnie & Ochs, John Barrett, Joseph Altuzarra, Kimberly McDonald, Laurance Dacade, Lela Rose, Nicholas Varney, Pamella Roland, Reem Acra and Wes Gordon will strut their stuff accompanied by their canine companions while Marchesa designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, Santiago Gonzalez, and The BagSnob’s Tina Craig judge their efforts.
- Oscar de la Renta will be there to sign his limited-edition “Face of Fashion” fall kaleidoscope palette by Le Métier de Beauté.
- Indie pop singer Audrianna Cole will perform.
- Rachel Zoe will be on hand to celebrate the launch of her new contemporary line.
- Erin Wasson will make an appearance alongside her capsule collection for French retailer Zadig & Voltaire.
- Edun founder Ali Hewson (aka Bono’s wife) is hosting some truth or lie game where she and a special guest tell shoppers a story and they have decide whether it’s the truth or a lie. WWD muses that the special guest might be Bono himself.
Macy’s Herald Square location is really throwing down this year:
- Appearances by: Tommy Hilfigger, Coco Rocha (she might help you shop the Karl Lagerfeld for Macy’s collection!), Sandra Lee, ANTM‘s Miss J, Bobbi Brown, “INC Editor at Large” Anna Dello Russo who will be joined by Karolina Kurkova, Rachel Roy and Amar’e Stoudemire (they’ll introduce their collaboration for Roy’s lower priced line) and we think Diddy. Here’s the description: “Hang out in Sean John’s FNO Club Room! With any XXX purchase, receive a special VIP bracelet to take a turn against Diddy in the ultimate game of billiards.” So that sounds like you could maybe shoot pool with Diddy, right?
- Performances by: Joss Stone, Kelly Rowland, and a Gucci Guilty dance party DJed by Samantha Ronson.
Saks Fifth Avenue
- Quite a motley crew here: the magical mystical Tilda Swinton will join Pringle of Scotland designer Alistair Carr and Central Saint Martins’ Louise Wilson for a “special event,” Ne-Yo will sign hats from his line and perform, and Prabal Gurung will be there too.