You probably are investing and likely spending a bit more time on your skin. Perhaps you have noticed deeper lines and wrinkles and less elasticity. Your skin may not possess the same buoyancy. This is because hormones are beginning to slow down and are not being produced with as much frequency. This is also the time when you will begin to see bad habits you once had coming to the surface. Studies have shown that 80% of all aging is caused from outside elements. Sun worshiping and cigarette puffing should not be part of your routine. Cigarette smoke robs the skin of oxygen and can give it a yellow-grey tone. A lot of companies miraculously claim that they “cure” maturing skin, but you can’t reverse the signs of aging. What you can do is keep your skin bright and hydrated.
1) Massaging moisturizer into the skin gently in an upward motion will rid you of excess puffiness around the cheeks and eyes.
2) If you notice sunspots or discoloration, try exfoliating 3 times a week.
3) Try to stay away from gel-based cleansers because they can be dying; if it produces bubbles, keep it off your face.
4) If your skin looks tired and dull try a richer peptide-infused face cream in the morning and oil at night–rose and argan are fantastic. If you still notice dryness, gently press a few drops of oil into your skin in the morning after you are done with your moisturizer. You can also use it over makeup to give a glow throughout the day.
5) Use SPF on your face neck and chest, and consider investing in a neck cream that contains retinols or glycolic acids.
See the next page for product recommendations.