**The key here is to do an ombre effect without letting the polish dry. Don’t use your best red for this, since you’ll be blending wet colors and don’t want to contaminate an expensive bottle.
1. Do a quick swipe of your choice red across the top of your nails.
2. Using a thin brush, swipe a thin line of black across the very tip.
3. With the same red, use a small amount of color and drag downwards so there is a thin coat of red that finishes in wisps just shy of the base of your nail.
4. Going back to the top, wiggle the brush to blend the black and red, adding more polish if necessary (be careful not to use too much, otherwise you’ll cover the back completely). The less color on the brush, the better—drier brushes make it easier to create the feathered, blended look.
4. If you’re having trouble, it can help to drop a bit of clear coat on the nail base to add a little moisture.
Red: Sally Hansen Maximun Growth Sensual Red
Black: any black polish