This weekend (thanks to Allure) we were reading about a new nail polish range for men called Evolution Man. As far as manly nail polish goes, it’s relatively tasteful, with a few dark metallics thrown in for good measure. The founder of Evolution Man told Allure, “I started our nail collection when a friend suggested I wear nail polish to stop my obsession with chewing on my nails. I realized how fun it was to do my nails.” Duh. Women realized this a long, long time ago.
A little digging revealed a much darker level of men’s nail lacquer, though. Witness: the Alphanail. Alphanail’s tagline is: “Designed for men. Worn by warriors,” and it helpfully lists reasons you should wear it:
1) There’s isn’t a number one listed for some reason.
2) Sex (Get More Of It)
3) Swagger (Do It Because You Can)
4) Cover Up (Nobody Likes the Fugly) [This is accompanied by a picture of a man-foot with a slate grey pedi.]
5) Battle (Strength When You Need It)
6) To Rock (Because You Play To Win)
7) Style (Look Good, Feel Good)
It’s tailor-made for the Maxim-reading, Axe-wearing (and dare we say…Fox News-watching) guy. Take that, Toemageddon! Alphanail offers matte and metallics, with orange being the most flamboyant color–no sissy pinks here, fellas.
We went back and rounded up some pictures of our favorite manly men wearing nail polish. It seems to be a trend that peaked in 2009, but obviously is attempting a comeback. Click through to ogle them (they obviously all get a lot of sex).