CLD PR is a full-service public relations agency, focusing most heavily on celebrity & media placement and brand development. Our clients are currently fashion designers (some known around the world), but will expand to include lifestyle and consumer goods in the future. We also periodically throw events to promote our clients as well as our own brand. We’re looking for a SUPERSTAR who thrives in a fast-based environment and adapts quickly and fearlessly to changing needs. There is HUGE growth potential in this job, and we have a vested interest in making this hiring decision long-term. We are on a non-stop, ambitious and strategically-paced quest to continue growing this company into a fun, momentous, powerful place that makes waves in the fashion industry for decades to come.
We are seeking an Account Executive with agency experience. You are not only extremely RESULTS-DRIVEN in garnering media coverage and celebrity placements, but also able to create strategic campaign programs which combine various traditional and social media outlets. You are organized to the point where you manage many moving parts simultaneously and effectively.
Job Function: Publicist/Account Executive for Fashion (and Consumer Goods)Public Relations/Publicity/Communications/Writing
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Planning and executing publicity campaigns for our high-end designers (including, if needed, being a part of client meetings to outline our short and long-term publicity plan)
• Leading the implementation of the overall media strategy for different brands, including developing story pitches and strategically positioning the brands in the media through effective messaging. Traditional media and social media included.
• Pitching and securing top celebrity placements and national & local media placements. This includes also securing print, television, and online media (press hits) after a celebrity wears one of our designers
• Identifying and creating proactive media opportunities (always with timing and strategy at the forefront of your mind, as opposed to just random pitches)
• Cultivating and nurturing media, stylist and celebrity relationships, as well enhancing our existing relationships
• PR Calendar: Maintaining accurate records of all upcoming events, stylists’ upcoming projects, red carpets, productions, premiers, parties, press junkets, editorial calendars, etc that will lead to potential opportunities for our clients to be placed (with intern assistance)
• Producing and maintaining contact lists: Managing interns who will research media, editor, stylist, publicists etc contact lists. Updating contact lists routinely for maximum effectiveness
• Drafting press releases, media alerts and other press materials and managing the distribution of news through all outlets.
• Always promoting our clients’ celebrity placements, success and story, and effectively increasing social media reach for our brands
• Drafting and editing collateral material and presentations that will support CLD execs and clients. We do have a digital communications manager in-house who can assist with materials or social media etc under your direction.
• Writing press materials (example: we gifted an A-list celebrity for her wedding last week, and inserted a letter in the package warmly promoting CLD and our brands)
• Assembling all logistics of events and projects which include coordinating and securing media and arranging travel and itineraries
• Updating our existing clients every 2 weeks
• Manage pre and post event media when we produce or publicize events
• Ridiculously extensive media contacts and relationships with top-tier stylists and social media PR programs
• Critical thinker in collaborative environments, with the ability to creatively drum up big-impact/low-budget PR campaigns
• We need an amazing strategic thinker who can help us tell a story for our clients in new, creative ways
• Our office is always busy so it is important that we find someone who can work independently with little day to day supervision but who is still able to take direction. Your focus may be on a smaller task at hand, but your eyes are also always on the big-picture too
• You set deadlines and benchmarks for yourself, and you HIT them. You know how to prioritize tasks, and you know which tasks are ok to pass off to assistants or interns and which should always stay within your capable control
• Proven ability to act quickly and efficiently manage teams of interns as well as multiple projects at one time
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills including: EXCELLENT WRITING SKILLS, speaking, telephone and public relations.
• You can write both critically (press releases and media alerts) and editorially (social media, pitches etc). Example, you can out-write an Elle columnist as far as stirring up an EXCITING blurb on one of our brands. For social media you can write catchy one-liners that turn heads.
• Knowledge of the fashion industry’s major players
• Experience and knowledge with the fashion industry’s events, styles, trends
• Knowledge of pop-culture and the impact that all movers and shakers can have on each brand
• Amazing sales tactics in which you strive to receive a positive end result
• Fail-proof follow-up skills • 3-5+ years experience, including PR agency experience
• 4-year (preferably) degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or marketing
• Online media/ Web 2.0 background a must • Cision, Vocus and other major distribution applications a plus
• Proficiency on computers and with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Entourage, PowerPoint etc)
• Knowledge of PR clipping tracking programs (Google Alerts, VMS, Burrelles Luce, Vocus, etc)
• When you read magazines, blogs, trade publications etc, you read them from a publicist’s opportunistic viewpoint, not just from a passive reader viewpoint
• Positive, can-do attitude. Ambitious, yet down-to-earth enough to help with anything
• Smart, fearless, energetic, hungry to succeed, strong work ethic, and a leader
• Ready to serve clients that may range from emerging to world-wide corporate
• Our ideal publicist may also have some background in graphic design. We always need you to find the most effective ways to get messages across in print and electronic media using not only words; but color, type, illustration, and photography. Graphic design is not a requirement per say, however your ability to develop the overall layout and production design of newsletters, brochures, promotional materials, fliers and forms will fast track your resume to an interview. (Please attach samples of your design work). We can’t wait to hear from you. :)
Please submit your resume and a cover letter than relates to THIS position to Rebecca at Rebecca@cldstylehouse.com ASAP. We will be looking to hire ASAP.