OVERVIEW OF RACHEL ZOE, INC.
Rachel Zoe Inc. is a dynamic, ever-expanding fashion and design house comprised of: Rachel Zoe Collection, a contemporary retail collection; Luxe Rachel Zoe, an exclusive collection for QVC; Zoe Media Group, a digital media company comprised of three daily newsletters featuring favorite obsessions in the ever-evolving worlds of fashion, beauty, accessories and lifestyle; a styling department for celebrity clients, editorial and campaign shoots; television and media production; and also licensing and endorsements.
Rachel Zoe, Inc. is a fashion and lifestyle brand that reaches its audience through all of the following channels: television, styling, online media, social media, product development, publishing, strategic partnerships and endorsements.
The Product Development Manager will play an integral role at Rachel Zoe, Inc. in managing all day—to-day product development for the Rachel Zoe Collection ready-to wear and accessories. Reporting directly to the Vice President and working daily with all product teams, s/he is responsible for creating and executing a master calendar for all product development. S/he will work with the team to develop seasonal inspiration boards and deliver all creative inspirations on time, working with our partners through the entire process to ensure all products are approved and sampled on calendar. The right candidate will have insight into the market, prior brand experience and experience working in complex brands and organizations.
S/he will have connections with major retailers and a strong work ethic and business acumen, commingled with great fashion sense and an understanding of the Rachel Zoe brand aesthetic. S/he will work with design, sales and PR teams as well. The ideal candidate must bring excellent leadership skills and be able to step into increasing levels of responsibility. It is imperative that this candidate has a great, loyal and positive attitude and be able to integrate smoothly into the existing product development team.
• Create and manage annual calendar for multiple product categories, shepherding the process for each category from inspiration to the final product.
• Ensure product development is on calendar across all product categories.
• Communicate with product teams through all phases of development and manage their expectations with excellent detail, follow up and professionalism.
• Keep VP informed of all major deadlines and development of all product categories.
• Provide strategic input to PR agency to ensure that key messages, products and initiatives are highlighted and appropriately exposed through media.
• Collaborate with creative team to ensure inspiration is delivered to all product teams on schedule.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, key players in fashion and retail industries, as well as demands for each product category at retail partners.
• Work directly with sales team to develop line plans for each product
• Work with product partners to ensure timely delivery of all samples for lookbook shoots and for PR and sales opportunities.
• Experience in project management and product management for multiple brands and/or product categories.
• Highly organized and very detail oriented.
• Extremely professional with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Interest in fashion and knowledge of key brands and fashion trends.
• Strong knowledge of Rachel Zoe’s aesthetic and brand and able to communicate it across multiple product categories and achieve the brand vision.
• Highly proficient in Excel with the ability to perform analytical tasks.
• Highly proficient in PowerPoint with the ability to convey information and product inspiration in a visually compelling and on-brand format.
• Experience managing a team. Able to communicate needs and manage work product of junior team members.
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and a reputation for flexibility.
• Resourceful self-starter, with a can-do attitude willing and able to take a proactive approach in problem solving.
• Quick-moving and quick-thinking, able to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Mature with excellent people skills.
• Able to work in familial environment and integrate well into existing office employees.
• Team player. Willing to share ideas and take over or give away responsibilities to other divisions as the situation requires.
• MUST be kind, loyal, cooperative and work well with a team.
This is a full-time salaried position located in Los Angeles. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
If interested, please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line must read: “RESUME: Product Development Manager.”
Multiple references will be required.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OFFICE.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.