Who What Wear is seeking a full-time Art Director to guide and oversee the visual aspects of all WWW brands and projects. The Art Director will manage resources of the art department, and produce visually compelling solutions and reader experiences on time and on budget that meet the creative, commerce and advertiser objectives of the company. The Art Director will lead the creation of original marketing and advertising solutions for clients and take ownership of the look, feel and features of our daily content. The Art Director will top edit all art for the daily content, as well as other creative assets, such as promotional banners and campaign mock ups for this multi-media fashion and beauty brand. In addition, this person will work with the UX/UI Design Director to ensure consistent look and feel throughout all website comps. He/she loves thinking conceptually and developing amazing ad campaigns, editorial content, and collaborating with a passionate team, but also thrives in a fast- paced, deadline-driven production environment in which she/he is expected to roll up her/his sleeves and execute on a daily basis. This person will also be responsible for conceptualizing and producing all photo and video shoots for WWW. The Art Director is someone that has an interest in fashion and knows how to present trends and brands in their best light. The Art Director must be highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and possess strong design skills and creative ideas. Demonstrated success in conceptualizing results-driven original integrated advertising solutions is strongly preferred. The Art Director should have solid experience designing for both print and online media.
• Further develop and manage the overall esthetic of WWW and its new verticals
• Develop and design outstanding creative solutions, concepts, and mock-ups in response to RFPs from potential ad clients
• Manage a team of resources in the Art Department (graphic designers, photo editors, photographers, videographer/editor)
• Top edit all art for the daily content, promotional materials, and original ad campaign elements including video
• Manage all visual aspects of daily content and campaigns including retouching, final color correction, and over all look of final layouts.
• Conceptualize and coordinate photo and video shoots for the brand
• Create typography for website, products and promotional units
• Maintain and expand upon Who What Wear’s style guide
• Create logos and other branding for new Who What Wear projects such as web-series and merchandise
• Lead model castings
• Work with Fashion Director to conceptualize seasonal fashion editorials/photoshoots
• Create mood boards for photo and video shoots
• Create or oversee the creation of graphic packages for videos
• Edit WWW original photos images and approve all photos used
• Demonstrated ability to successfully and tactfully manage a design team
• An exceptional body of work that demonstrates strong creative vision
• Proven ability to understand and translate business and client objectives into a unique and compelling creative solution within budget and time constraints
• Strong written / verbal communication skills
• Degree in graphic design preferred
• Highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Exceptionally strong knowledge of color spectrum and color correction
• Must have years of experience in designing for print and online publications
• Basic Flash and gif animation skills (to create basic animated slide-shows and expandable / animated banners)
• Exceptionally strong with typography, kerning, tracking, lead etc.
• Self-starter who possesses the ability to create original graphics / concepts with little direction
• Highly detail oriented with strong sense of accountability to ensure all assets generated from his/her department are without careless errors (alignment, typos, anomalies) and are ready for public consumption
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize as needed
• Ability to work calmly under pressure, and meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of accountability
• Ability to take direction and constructive critiques well and collaborate as needed
• Highly organized with working knowledge of version control, file management, and file naming best practices
• Working knowledge of best practices in user interface design, and special design considerations for advertising, and e-commerce elements are strongly preferred
• Experience in fashion media a plus
• Strong interest in fashion is a plus
• Familiar with Who What Wear’s voice and style
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, located in Los Angeles. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
If interested please send your resume along with a cover letter with three examples of your work to email@example.com. You may send links to online work and/or submit PDFs of print articles. The subject line of the email must read: “RESUME: Art Director” Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position at Who What Wear, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Who What Wear will contact you in the near future.
Who What Wear is the definitive authority for trend-setting fashionistas and their followers between the ages of 18-40 – this multi-media brand has quickly become the essential resource among tastemakers everywhere with its inclusive voice and approachable take on fashion, celebrity and style.
Who What Wear reaches its audience through its online magazine and a daily email newsletter covering the latest in celebrity fashion, runway trends and beauty secrets. The WWW content also includes online video and books – Who What Wear TV was the #1 downloaded podcast on iTunes within the fashion vertical during its entire 4 season run, and the books, Who What Wear: Celebrity and Runway Style for Real Life, and What to Wear, Where, have received rave reviews. The company is gearing up for major expansion including the launch of two new “spin-off” websites.
WWW was launched by two former ELLE magazine editors in 2006 and is located in Los Angeles.