Emerging Blue is a creative services agency representing the hottest full-time and freelance creative talent in fashion, advertising, and entertainment. With offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Boston, you can be sure that our talent is your strength.
The Merchandise Planner position is responsible for supporting the buyers with planning and forecasting, trend analysis, and creating overall business strategies to support sales and profitability goals. Position reports to the Planning Manager.
• Analyze sales trends to review and validate inventory requirements; create optimal inventory and sell through strategies
• Partner with buyer to develop seasonal merchandise strategies based on customer expectations and fashion trend
• Drive the quantification of buy, using analysis to improve the depth and precision of inventory
• Drive and direct inventory management in season, ensuring effective decision making around analysis, markdowns, etc.for aging inventory
• Partner with Buyer and Planning Director on business reviews, open-to-buy management and plan revisions to achieve financial goals and strategic objectives
• Create / modify purchase orders, ensuring price accuracy, appropriate terminology, and specifications.
• Manage flow of inventory between parent company and our company
• Prepare reports to recap business results
• Work with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Fulfillment, and Production to ensure strategies are executed as planned
• 2-3 years of Merchandise Planning experience
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent planning and organization skills; strong attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Strong financial, analytical, and communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc)
If you are interested in this job please click on the following link to apply: http://emergingblue.com/merchandise-planner-full-time-los-angeles/