CakeStyle is a promising, VC-backed fashion startup based in Chicago and San Francisco. We’re looking for an amazing salesperson/stylist to open our San Francisco pop-up studio July-October, help spread the word about CakeStyle, and make the shopping experiences of our very first SF customers incredible.
Since our launch in November 2011, we have delighted hundreds of busy women by delivering to their doorsteps seasonal boxes of 4-6 fully-accessorized outfits selected for them by our stylists. Since we buy wholesale and sell retail, we don’t need to charge extra for our expert services. For more info, please see our recent write-ups in the Washingtonian and TechCrunch.
We’re looking for a resourceful, energetic CakeStylist to lead our San Francisco outreach.
• Host events for potential clients at local graduate schools, and within professional and social organizations and alumni groups (we’ll help you get the events scheduled and prepare content)
• Network in the community to find new clients for CakeStyle
• Select outfits from our inventory for each client’s appointment
• Create a wonderful, memorable experience for clients in their appointments
• Meet and beat your sales quotas
• 3+ years of sales experience, ideally in high-end women’s apparel
• Retail and/or fashion industry experience is a plus, but we’ll consider quick learners from other backgrounds
• You are a self-starter who is excited to find new clients and sell for CakeStyle
• A creative problem solver, who isn’t afraid to tackle the random challenges that frequently arise in a startup
• You understand the unique lifestyle challenges of our busy clients and want to help makes their lives easier and more fashionable
• You are highly detail-oriented and organized, and able to switch between many different tasks while focusing on flawless execution
Based on experience. Base salary plus commission.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please send your resume, and a cover letter telling us why you are a great fit for CakeStyle to [email protected].