Eugenia Kim, a luxury, high-end, CFDA award winning accessories design company, is seeking brilliant, hard-working, enterprising Production and Design Interns for immediate start. ONLY CANDIDATES THAT CAN START NOW WILL BE CONSIDERED. You will be able to see how a luxury brand accessories company works from the inside out, from initial design concepts through production to sales. Note: This internship is unpaid, but college credit is offered.
As a Production Intern, you will learn a great deal about sourcing, managing production, inventory management, and vendor/factory relationships. Upon completion of this internship, you will be equipped to get an entry-level position in fashion production, as many of our previous production interns have gone on to do so. Production is fun for the individual who thrives on being a part of a fast-paced environment and likes to be organized.
As a Design Intern, you will work alongside the design team as we work on our SS13 line of men’s and women’s hats, as well as one-of-a-kind pieces for press and collaborations with other designers for runway shows. There are incredible opportunities for self-motivated people to handle a variety of projects, including, but not limited to, hands-on hat construction, local and overseas material sourcing and sample production.
• Running around the garment district on a daily basis to pick up trims and production materials. This is definitely a workout!
• Sourcing materials and trims
• Using Microsoft Excel for production spreadsheets and inventory
• Quality control inspections
• Communicating with factories
• Assisting Shipping Manager for timely deliveries
• Trend research and presentation
• Creative input to design team
• Communicating with factories and vendors to complete samples
• Running around the garment district on a daily basis to pick up trims and design materials. This is definitely a workout!
Please email the following with the subject “Design/Production Internship” to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Cover Letter
3. How many days a week you can intern: MINIMUM of 3 DAYS PER WEEK for 3 MONTHS
4. Why you want to intern the fashion industry
5. Specify if this will be for school credit
6. Indicate whether you are applying for the Production OR Design internship
***any application without this information will not be considered****