Luxury womenswear brand HONOR is looking for a talented Associate Designer. Candidates should have at least 4 years design experience and meet the below requirements. Please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Research new concepts, inspiration, trends. Assist in developing seasonal concepts and color story.
• Provide detailed sketches (flats and/or illustrations), and work with head designer in fabrication, material and trim development. Work closely with the freelance designers on all levels.
• Assist director of textile development with print development, fabrication and color direction as needed.
• Create and maintain development detail sheets for wovens. Take all development fitting notes and produce highly detailed spec sheets for each fitting, including photos.
• Communicate with Director of Production & Development re: design needs/actions based on fittings.
• Meet with sample rooms to review fit notes, including construction and design details, fabrication, and trims.
• Prioritize the development calendar for trim/hardware.
• Facilitate handoff from development to production for wovens.
• Superior computer skills (Adobe Suite)
• Solid understanding of garment construction, sewing skills a PLUS
• Strong hand sketching skills
• Excellent time management; proven ability to adhere to time and action calendars
• Ability to stay focused on creating winning results
• Effective communicator
Position is located in NYC.