Beauty Must-Haves for the Zombie Apocalypse:
Heads up ladies, shit just got real. Get your machete out cause old Mrs. Schwartz from down the street just tried to attack you and wants to snack on your face–these are mad times we’re living in, mad! Is the makeup we have really going to get us through the apocalypse? If you said no–or even maybe–then you should check out these five finds that are easy on the wallet and end-o-days friendly.
1. Nelson Bach USA, Rescue Remedy Spray: This nifty spritzer offers tranquility and contains Cherry Plum, Clematis, Impatiens, Rock Rose and Star of Bethlehem. It’s quick working and long lasting. It’ll get you through all those pesky anxiety filled moments.
2. Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara:
In my opinion the only way to truly judge the longevity of mascara is to sob uncontrollably while wearing it. Lucky for us, the rising of the undead will give us the perfect setting to test the bounds of our makeup’s durability. This waterproof mascara offers a formula that holds lashes in place while giving separation, definition and volume. It also dries quickly without clumping and will last all day. The black pigment will deepen lash color dramatically without giving you that weird raccoon look that you hated pre-apocalypse.
3. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Sun Defense Stick: Zombies are relentless: this is what makes them so formidable. They don’t need to rest, or sleep, and even when they are wounded they continue. That’s why this stick is perfect, because like a zombie it keeps going. It offers long-lasting moisture and hydration with the added bonus of sun protection. It gives you a healthy glow, it’s easy to apply, and it’s sweat and water resistant. It has an SPF 50 that protects you from premature aging, and lets the world know that even though we’re all going to die a brutal death, we can still leave a beautiful corpse.
4. I Love my Muff Kit-Green: You finally make it to colony of survivors. You’ve seen unspeakable horrors. Your entire family is missing and you had to behead your boyfriend, his sister and their grandma. You’re miles away from a vodka soda, and you smell like the New Jersey turnpike. However, on the upside, the camp is filled with cuties and the world is mos’ def going to need a little repopulating, heyyy. Luckily you have brought a little lady maintenance to get you through those ‘less then fresh’ times. This handy lifesaver contains everything you need to get back to that oh-so-clean feeling you’ve been longing for. It’s infused with the heavenly scent of: vanilla, ylang ylang and grapefruit; plus they’re vegan and paraben free.
5. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: You’ve been slogging through the forest for three days. You’re tired and hungry, and the blowout you paid fifty dollars for is on its last leg, when all of a sudden you remember that you packed your dry texturizing spray. This magic in a can is the perfect hybrid of volumizer, hair spray and dry shampoo. It offers fantastic body while giving you a long-lasting soft hold that won’t make you look like you’re wearing a helmet. It absorbs oils while mattifying and will give your hair texture without making it gnarly. It’s great for those times when you can’t wash your hair because there is no running water and you’re miles away from civilization.
By: Contessa Schexnayder