1. What was the first thing you did when you found out you were nominated?
Grabbed my team and ran to the nearest pub.
2. What does it mean to be nominated?
Its an honor. I am a simple guy from Iowa who had a dream to become fashion designer in NY. It makes it all real.
3. If the cfda’s are like the fashion oscars, would would be on your acceptance speech notecard? (or would you just wing it?)
I don’t think I will win…. so I would just wing it. It’s better that way.
4. What’s the biggest hurdle you’ve come up against so far and how have you overcome it?
Everyone has been really supportive. The hardest thing is the funding and getting factories to believe in you to reduce their minimums.
5. What’s your favorite song to work to right now?
My favorite song is always Ceremony by New Order. It really sets the tone.
6. When you need to take an hour break from work, what do you do? where do you go?
I love to go to the Strand book store…I can get lost in there for hours if I am not careful
7. What’s your favorite internet distraction (we know you have one…)?
I am addicted to Pinterest and Houzz… I have file drawers full of fashion and interior swipes in my office that take up tons of space. Now I can store all my swipes on my phone that I can pull up immediately.