1. What was the first thing you did when you found out you were nominated?
Emailed my friends and PR office with the news….got out of my Birkenstocks and dressed for the cocktail party.
2. What does it mean to be nominated?
Being nominated is a major accomplishment and mark of recognition from the US fashion industry and part of US fashion heritage…a great honor!
3. If the CFDA’s are like the fashion Oscars, what would be on your acceptance speech note card? (or would you just wing it?)….
I don’t want to prepare and expect to win, so if I win…I will wing it. Okay…maybe just a few points on a small card…just in case.
4. What’s the biggest hurdle you’ve come up against so far and how have you overcome it?
[My] own personal hurdles are the most challenging to overcome. All else, such as lack of capital, are circumstances.
5. What’s your favorite song to work to right now?
“I’m Running” Misstress Barbara feat. Sam Roberts…Opening song from fall/winter 12-13 show.
6. What’s the first thing you ever made?
A black and white houndstooth jacket with contrast back lapels for a friend’s nephew. He was 3!
7. What’s your favorite internet distraction (we know you have one…)?
Waddington’s auction house for Inuit art and a few others I’d rather not mention.