1. What was the first thing you did when you found out you were nominated?
We both called our mothers!
2. What does it mean to be nominated?
We feel that we are now truly a part of the American fashion dialogue; being recognized on this level is a tremendous honor.
3. If the CFDA’s are like the fashion Oscars, what would be on your acceptance speech note card? (or would you just wing it?)
Lots of thank yous! We owe everything to all of the support that our friends and family have given us. Doing this alone would be an impossible and lonely endeavor.
4. What’s the biggest hurdle you’ve come up against so far and how have you overcome it?
We don’t live in NYC! It was very difficult for a while, but we’ve built an amazing team in NYC that helps us get everything done.
5. What’s your favorite song to work to right now?
Shane: ‘Oblivion’ by Grimes
Chris: ‘Upsy Daisy Ramsy’ by eX-Girl
6. What’s the first thing you ever made?
First thing ever? We both made some super cool school projects…
7. What’s your favorite internet distraction (we know you have one…)?
Shane: Ebay addict
Chris: Online comics