Nasty Gal is a pure-play global style destination catering to an international cult of obsessed, super awesome girls. We’re a six year-old, privately held company with revenues in the eight figures annually and we continue to grow in the triple digits year-over-year…
Nasty Gal is seeking a full time Director of Communications to join our growing team.
At Nasty Gal, communications is more than just media relations and press releases. Good communications defines how the company establishes trust, consistency and an open dialogue with the customers and community it serves. We’re looking for someone with experience in building a mainstream fashion and consumer technology brand, strong business and product sense, good instincts and judgment, and excellent contacts with consumer, tech, and business media. The position requires a sharp, experienced communicator with proven abilities to think strategically in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategic and measureable PR programs that are part of an overall global marketing strategy. You must also demonstrate the ability to grow and manage a team and agency partner.
The Director of Communications will help to build and execute the overall communications strategy to position Nasty Gal as the leading fashion brand and online fashion destination. You will be a strategic advisor to the management team and will define and execute plans for all communications around business, technology, product and collection announcements, strategic partnerships, marketing campaigns and events, and more. You will also play a large part in the company culture, establishing and maintaining a consistent voice for all internal communications, as well as advising senior company leaders on strategizing communications that are both internally and externally facing.
The Director of Communications will report to the CEO and will work closely with executive management, technology, creative, merchandising, customer support, and business development teams. The role is to produce proactive, measurable public relations campaigns and events that have a positive impact on the perception of Nasty Gal as a brand and a direct impact on the business and service.
What we’re looking for:
• 10+ years in public relations in consumer Internet, mobile or software companies with demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategies that resulted in building visibility and community, driving consumer adoption, and generating revenue.
• Track record of identifying and executing high-impact and wide-ranging public relations campaigns for new products partnerships, and executive team.
• Deep knowledge of how to work with top editors and up-to-date connections within the media industry across business, tech and consumer press.
• Excellent leadership qualities and experience collaborating with product managers, designers, engineers, business and support operations teams.
• Experience working in-house for major clients and within agencies, along with managing external resources.
• Strong hiring manager with experience managing a team.
• Strategic, critical thinker with excellent analytical and problem solving abilities; strong in developing effective communications strategies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; confident and good presenter.
• BS or BA degree.
To apply, please click here: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oW8xWfwh&s=Fashionista