beSleek is a digital fashion assistance platform that is launching a mobile application and website, focused on curated and customized shopping and styling guidance.
We are looking for an experienced senior level Fashion Features Editor/Content Director, with a strong, demonstrated interest in fashion, style and lifestyle-related topics. This position is on a contract, freelance-basis and is located in New York.
• Inspire, develop and oversee written and video content of a Fashion and Style-focused site
• Conceptualize and write style related stories and develop photo-driven features
• Conceive and pitch fresh editorial ideas within brand point of view to assist on development of annual editorial calendar and site-specific themed-content
• Copyedit written material
• Keep website’s voice and style consistent
• Work with Sales and Marketing Director to co-develop sponsored content
• Work with social media Marketing and PR teams to promote stories
• Must provide links to writing samples
• Minimum 5 Years of Fashion or Style Editorial Experience writing and/or editing stories on fashion, style, body, lifestyle and trends
• 3 Years of online editorial experience
• Junior Editor Management experience
• A solid knowledge of copyediting and fact checking
• Industry network of contacts
• Must be an organized, self-starter that can work under tight deadlines
• Must be able to work flexible hours
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience. Salary is also commensurate with experience.
If you think you qualify and would be a good addition to the team, send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]