The reactions: We suspect we will be hearing the phrase “New New Look” quite a bit. Reactions are so far mixed–and many thought the collection reminded them of Raf Simons’ last three shows–his couture trilogy–for Jil Sander, with some Dior codes (like the ‘new look’, bar jacket, etc.,) mixed in. Here’s what the twittersphere had to say:
• @derekblasberg The Dior show just ended. In the last 13 minutes, Raf Simons just single-handedly altered the contemporary haute couture landscaped. Bravo!
• @katebetts: lots of poker faces in front row @Dior couture show–Raf Simons’ first
• @Grazia_Live: The Dior Couture finale. Raf Simons nails it. http://twitpic.com/a324rr
• @susiebubble: Is it THE rapturous and monumental start to Raf’s career at Dior we all expected though? I’m not sure….But the bustiers and the ballooning dresses were fantastic…. #diorhc…@dior – Minor niggle – a few looks felt like echo of Jil Sander A/W 12-3 (except I liked it better at JS…)
• @meenalmistry: Running to @harpersbazaarus but I think Raf delivered. A bit Nicolas G but they’re mining the same Future/Couture vein. #dior• @ninagarcia Take a look at this coat: very @dior and very Raf. I will always remember what I’ve seen today…A new start for @Dior.
• @DVF Raf Simmons did a SUPERB Dior show ! Very DIOR ! Another talented Belgian ! Love Diane
Click through to see the first looks from the show, and tell us what you think!