We are seeking a Fashion Stylist who has an exceptional talent for understanding outfitting and creating new style directions. The Stylist must be detail-oriented, creative and passionate about inspiring fashion trends with a proven portfolio of being able to take ideas and turn them in to appealing visuals. Our ideal candidate will also possess an aptitude and attitude well-suited for collaboration and team-work.
The Fashion Stylist will work successfully with our creative team and photographer to brainstorm, coordinate and execute outfitting and styling for both our web and retail environments; visual standards for merchandising throughout our apparel operations, implementing continual style improvements and production efficiencies that best represent our brand. The Stylist will be responsible for managing the outfitting process from start to finish, ensuring final photos and editorial concepts represent and exceed Need Supply Co. standards.
• Direct and coordinate all styling and outfitting as needed
• Work with and coordinate all aspects of photo and editorial shoots, to include outfitting, hair and make-up, model selection and accessorizing
• Recommend styling ideas and work with creative team to implement
• Organize and maintain accessories and clothing in shooting area
• Steam, prep and iron products and samples to be shot
• Streamline processes as needed and manage projects according to timelines anticipating seasonal changes, etc.
• Ability to collaborate, lead and inspire
• A superb eye for style, visual composition and attention to detail
• Rigorous knowledge of apparel styling techniques across the industry and in various merchandise categories, with particular attention to fit, tailoring and accessorizing
• Online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied styling techniques for both still-life product photography and on-body photography (must be submitted with resume in order to be considered for position)
• An instinctual devotion to trends and emerging brands, with an insider’s perspective on apparel
• Seasoned familiarity with the intensity of a high-production studio, yet able to uphold the highest quality standards within that pressured environment
• 5+ years styling experience in commercial photography and fashion environments
• Established and demonstrable network within the fashion industry
• Working knowledge of Mac OSX and PC computing platforms
• Working relationships with vendors in New York, Los Angeles, and other major apparel industry centers
• Experience across retail, editorial, and advertising sectors of apparel industry
Please apply here: http://needsupply.com/jobs
Need Supply Co. is an established and fast growing apparel company based in Richmond, Virginia, a city which consistently ranks among the “Best Places to Live and Work in America.” We opened in 1996 selling a unique collection of vintage pieces. Over the past decade, our selection has evolved to become a well-edited assortment of contemporary designers and independent labels from the U.S. and abroad. In 2012, GQ Magazine called us “The Best E-Commerce on the Web.”
Responsibility, Creativity, Simplicity, Effectiveness, Passion, Respect, Fun, Curiosity