Having spent the past 15 years creating a mini fashion world grounded in classic American roots – fashioned with a twist – it’s clear that Steven Alan has quietly emerged an uncommon fashion pioneer. Upon opening his first retail store in 1994, Steven sold pieces from an eclectic group of emerging designers, becoming known for his keen eye. Building on his reputation for scouting the most intriguing young designers, the Steven Alan Showroom opened in 1996. Steven’s knack for the modern reinterpretation of classics garnered him an impressive roster of designers on the rise, and the Showroom now represents 20 designers of clothing, handbags and other accessories.
The launch of Steven Alan’s first collection in 1999, including his now-signature Reverse Seam Shirt, created a loyal following for Steven’s unique brand of casual, smart, self-assured essentials for both men and women. Steven now sells his collections at eight eponymous New York stores, and in 2008 introduced three locations in Southern California. The Steven Alan Collection also reaches a global audience, and is now sold in over 300 stores worldwide.
This position will support the Planning team with daily tasks to drive sales and margin by analyzing item level performance and in turn will gain exposure to the fundamentals of the retail life cycle.
• Support Planning and Buying team in analyzing and recapping selling
• Run and create selling reports as needed
• Learn fundamentals of Planning and Buying including sales, inventory, gross margin, and turn
• Gain exposure to preseason planning, OTB, forecasting and basic retail math
• Create store assortments and groups
• Create purchase orders and assist in purchase order entry
• Print and price pictures from buying appointments
• Assist in creating story boards
• Tag and organize pictures electronically
• Organize and distribute product knowledge to retail stores
• Projects as assigned by supervisor
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in fashion, home, business or other related field
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Highly motivated and ambitious
• PC proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Interns should be able to start immediately and commit 2-3 days a week to the position for a minimum of 3 months. Although the position is not paid, academic credit can be given.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Our website is: www.stevenalan.com
We look forward to receiving your resume.