Having spent the past 15 years creating a mini fashion world grounded in classic American roots – fashioned with a twist – it’s clear that Steven Alan has quietly emerged an uncommon fashion pioneer. Upon opening his first retail store in 1994, Steven sold pieces from an eclectic group of emerging designers, becoming known for his keen eye. Building on his reputation for scouting the most intriguing young designers, the Steven Alan Showroom opened in 1996. Steven’s knack for the modern reinterpretation of classics garnered him an impressive roster of designers on the rise, and the Showroom now represents 20 designers of clothing, handbags and other accessories.
The launch of Steven Alan’s first collection in 1999, including his now-signature Reverse Seam Shirt, created a loyal following for Steven’s unique brand of casual, smart, self-assured essentials for both men and women. Steven now sells his collections at eight eponymous New York stores, and in 2008 introduced three locations in Southern California. The Steven Alan Collection also reaches a global audience, and is now sold in over 300 stores worldwide.
• Assist in organizing product in studio and preparing pieces for shooting (ie: steaming, ironing, taping shoes, etc.)
• Coordinate with internal press office to pull and return samples
• Contact brands and other vendors for samples
• Assist stylist on set
• Maintain and update database of items and views to shoot
• Create shot lists of upcoming shoots
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Goal oriented with ability to multi-task
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced growing environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Photography knowledge a plus
The ideal candidate must be a responsible self starter, with a lot of attention to detail. Interest in fashion is a must and can easily adapt to a fast growing and changing environment.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Our website is: www.stevenalan.com
We look forward to receiving your resume.
Position is located in NYC.