The CFDA’s 2010 “Accessory Designer of the Year”, Alexis Bittar seeks detail-oriented, highly-motivated, extremely organized public relations intern who can begin immediatly! Candidates must be able to commit to 2-3 days a week (office hours are 10am-6pm). We offer college credit (when required). The PR intern will report directly to company’s Public Relations Director & PR Manager and will become an essential member of the company’s PR department. The candidate must be an active self-starter with a willingness to take on multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced, team environment. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel is required!
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Scanning & formatting press clippings in Adobe Photoshop.
• Checking-in returned samples and preparing/ packing up samples for daily send-outs
• Daily upkeep of our fashion closet/ PR Showroom, making sure all jewelry samples are organized, clean and un-damaged, and prepare showroom for weekly appointments with top stylists & editors.
• Running errands for PR Department on occasion
• Going through magazines on a monthly basis to locate our press credits
• Will assist & report directly to company’s PR team with daily projects as they arise.
• Excellent communication skills: oral, writing, & follow-up skills a must!
• Must have excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Photoshop etc.
• Have an up-beat personality & high-energy level within a fast paced environment!
• Be self-motivated with a take charge attitude & the ability to work independently as well as with a team
• *Preference will be given to candidates with fashion, jewelry experience, or Public Relations industry experience.
• Must be available to work 2 to 3 days a week
• Interest in fashion & jewelry a must! Current knowledge of top fashion magazines and trends preferred.
Internship is un-paid however lunch and transportation funds will be provided weekly. This position will offer an invaluable fashion, jewelry, styling, and public relations experience that can potentially provide candidate with exceptional references. Amazing fashion perks a plus!
If you are interested & can meet the requirements listed above, please send your resume with a brief cover letter to: email@example.com
This job is located in Soho, New York, NY