fourthFLOOR fashion is an industry leader in fashion recruiting, catering to the Los Angeles, New York and Orange County markets. Entrenched in Fashion, Retail, Beauty, and Accessories, we partner with the biggest names in fashion, placing creative freelance and full time talent. We’re committed to what we do. We listen. We make the right match between top talent and leading clients, cultivating career-long relationships.
Join the fourthFLOOR fashion facebook for new job listings daily!
Leading Los Angeles based Apparel Label is seeking to hire two full-time positions, one Senior Graphic Designer and one Freelance Graphic Designer. These positions will execute projects with the creative design team and take full ownership over the design process. Both the Senior and Freelance Designers will be responsible for managing and creating innovative designs that achieve the company’s sales objectives. This is an amazing opportunity to be a major leader to the design department and help make the brand become a prominent frontrunner in its industry.
Responsibilities for both Sr. Graphic Designer and Freelance Designer:
• Develop new design concepts and enhance existing ideas
• Research trends and technologies to create both technical and fashion innovation per season
• Create detailed Technical Packages and Visual Line Plans
• Partner with merchandising team to create new line plans
• Possess the knowledge and leadership skills to train, manage and motivate the design department
• Travel to factories to work on design development, attend design/market type events and trade shows and factory visits
Requirements for both Sr. Graphic Designer and Freelance Designer:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design or related course of study
• 5- 10 years experience with advanced technical design background
• Comprehensive understanding of apparel design and garment construction
• Knowledge of basic technical requirements, mechanical stretch and all aspects of fabric construction
• Ability to lead , take direction and expand upon ideas with strong team management skills
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-changing environment
• Advanced proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
If your experience meets the above criteria, please submit your resume for consideration to [email protected] for one of the positions, and please specify on your email which position you are interested in applying for.