shopkick is the largest location-based shopping app. Within one year from launch, 3.3 million users signed up in the U.S., 13 retail partners, including Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Crate & Barrel, American Eagle, Sports Authority, Toys R Us, Simon Malls and others, and 20 brands (P&G, Unilever, Kraft, Colgate, Clorox, Disney, HP, Intel).
shopkick’s vision is to completely transform shopping at physical stores for consumers, using mobile phones’ location awareness, unprecedented personalization capabilities, and social/viral features. It is based in Palo Alto, founded by mobile and consumer experts, with investors Kleiner Perkins and Reid Hoffman/Greylock (founder and Chairman of LinkedIn, and early stage investor in Facebook and Zynga) behind it.
shopkick addresses the no. 1 issue of all physical retailers: driving foot traffic. shopkick has created a game-changing mobile app that the Wall Street Journal named as one of the Top 10 Apps among 450,000 on Apple’s App Store. It won the runner-up Crunchie award for the best social commerce app by TechCrunch, and Fast Company named it one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies In Retail along with Apple, Amazon.com and Starbucks.
About the role:
Our Content Curators are responsible for inspiring shoppers to go visit stores through great curation, evocative visual storytelling and clever narration. If you’re obsessed with shopping, seek a fast-paced start-up environment and are eager to delight millions of people with your work, this is the job for you!
• Be a retail and shopping expert within shopkick
• Generate concepts and stories that bring products and physical shopping trips to life
• Curate, maintain and upload content daily using a web based admin panel
• Utilize web-based tools to create graphics for story content
• Research trends and new concepts across retailers, magazine and blog editorial
• Track and analyze performance of content
• You have a BA/BS in journalism, fashion design or merchandising
• You have experience in merchandising, retail sales or editorial
• You think and talk about shopping most of your waking hours
• You probably maintain a popular shopping-oriented blog or pinterest board
• You are a “chameleon” of taste and can naturally target any lifestyle or demographic
• You are proficient in using computers and web-based tools
If this role interests you, please send your info with the subject line “Content Curator” to Jobs@shopkick.com. In addition, please answer the following questions:
1) What are your top 3 favorite stores?
2) Who are your 3 favorite bloggers? Please send the links to them.
Hourly pay will start at $14/hr
This is a 3-month contract position with the possibility of full time hire
Hours are 40 hrs a week
Position is located in Palo Alto, CA