At Steven Alan we are constantly looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a PR person to make a difference in his or her career. As a member of a highly talented and experienced team, you will work in a dynamic, creative-driven environment.
Here’s what we have to offer…
We are looking for a strategic and creative Public Relations (PR) professional to join the Steven Alan Showroom team. We represent multiple early stage, yet proven apparel and accessories designers to leading fashion retailers on a global basis.
As a candidate you must be a dynamic self-starter that thrives on juggling various tasks on a daily basis. You must also possess a desire to utilize your strong media contacts, passion for fashion and marketing prowess to assist our designers through the PR maze.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain strong media contacts
• Develop tailored strategies for each designer in order to increase brand awareness
• Develop compelling story angles and pitches
• Proactively outreach to appropriate long/short lead time media outlets to secure coverage
• Proactively outreach to key editors, stylists and bloggers to secure coverage
• Provide advice and direction to the designers on appropriate brand building materials
• Act as the central point of contact for incoming PR requests
• Coordinate PR strategies for store launches, opening events, special appearances
• Manage related budgets.
• Other related responsibilities may be assigned for time to time.
• Excellent listener
• Strategic and creative thinker, planner and doer
• Articulate with strong interpersonal and writing skills
• Self-starter, but team player
• Organized and adaptable
• Well connected to the media and blogging community
• Strong PC and Mac computer skills
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field.
• At least 6 years of PR experience in the fashion apparel and/or accessories industry.
Notes about the job:
• Travel requirement. Up to 15% based on business needs.
Note: Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.