Who What Wear is seeking a full-time in-house Photographer with a strong body of work that showcases a specialty in both product and in-studio shots. The photographer should be familiar with multiple ways to light everything from a piece of jewelry to a model in a full-length look.
Who What Wear is the definitive online authority for 18-40 year old trend-setting fashion-lovers and their followers .The brand reaches its audience through a daily-updated online magazine and newsletter covering the latest in trends, celebrity style, and how-to.
• Shoot all in-studio still life product images for editorial and advertising content
• Shoot full length shots of models for editorial content
• Shoot behind-the-scenes imagery
• Manage all studio equipment and gear
• Handle all retouching for editorial images, including products and people
• Process raw files and traffic all assets to the Art Department
• Must have at least 3 years of professional photography experience working in the photo industry, including product photography, natural light, and in-studio lighting
• Must be able to present a strong online portfolio that shows experience shooting real people, models, and products
• Must be familiar with Profoto, Broncolor, or DynaLite lighting equipment
• Must have strong knowledge of the following software: Capture One Pro, Lightroom, and Photoshop
• Must have experience working with professional Canon cameras such as the 5D Mark II or 5D Mark III
• Deep understanding of fashion lighting as seen in magazines such as Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, etc.
• Strong retouching skills required – cleaning up skin in a realistic manner, liquifying etc.
• Must know how to shoot tethered to a computer using Capture One Pro
• Must be a self-starter who possesses the ability to create original content/concepts with little direction
• Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure, and meet tight, daily deadlines with a strong sense of accountability
• Must have an entrepreneurial mindset and be willing to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must currently live or plan to live in the Los Angeles area
• Must understand and have interest in: fashion, trends, and celebrity culture
• Must be Familiar with WhoWhatWear.com’s look and feel
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, located in Los Angeles. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
If interested please send your resume along with a cover letter with a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may send links to online work and/or submit PDFs of print articles. The subject line of the email must read: “RESUME: PHOTOGRAPHER” Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position at Who What Wear, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Who What Wear will contact you in the near future.