StartUp FASHION is looking for a cool, fun, and outgoing individual to work as a fashion business intern.
• Interact with some of the most creative emerging and independent fashion designers around
• Gain intimate knowledge of what it’s like to run a fashion-based startup
• Conduct research in the areas of textiles, fashion, technology, and retail
• Create various databases and spreadsheets based on research
• Assist in overall business and product development
• Learn how to critique product and service pitches from outside vendors
• Develop organizational strategies to increase internal productivity
• Assist in event production
• Work closely with the StartUp FASHION team members: founder, community manager, media and tech leader, and graphic designer
• Is active on all major social media platforms
• Understands and absolutely loves the world of fashion, with an emphasis on emerging and independent designers
• Strong working knowledge of the WordPress platform
• Available 20hrs/week for a minimum of 3 months (though 6 months is preferred)
• College credit available
***This is mainly a virtual position, however priority will be given to NYC area candidates, as attending weekly work sessions in the city is a big plus.
To apply, send your resume, links to social platforms and writing samples to Nicole Giordano at [email protected].