Third Wave Fashion is a company that helps fashion tech startups kick ass! We do mentorship-style consulting for startups, host monthly meetups, have an awesome blog, and we’re building out a massive database that tracks every startup in the space. We’re looking for a fashion & business savvy, dynamic, and disciplined person to join our small and incredibly charming team to help us with the busy fall season. This is a great opportunity for those who want to break into the fashion tech industry.
Job consists of:
• Doing extensive research on notable fashion startups
• Entering the research into the backend of our database
• Social media duties: such as Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram
• Always being on the lookout for any business related developments amongst notable companies in the fashion tech space
• When you’re not working on the database, you’d be scouring the web looking for new startups that we may add to our database
• Assisting in our fabulous TWF meetups–from production to execution
• Writing comprehensive posts for the TWF blog & Tumblr
• Attending events and writing recaps about them
Who we’re looking for:
• A go-getter with a deep love of fashion & the ever-evolving tech scene
• Someone that is experienced in social media
• Someone with very strong writing skills
• Someone that understands, loves, and enjoys the new wave of fashion
• NYC-based preferred
• Must be organized and a self-starter
• Genuinely loves to learn and soak in valuable information
• Must be available to work 15-20 hours a week for 3-6 months
• College credit available
• If NYC-based, you must be 21. We attend a lot of events, and unfortunately need our NY interns to be of legal drinking age.
Please send us your resume to cyndi (at) thirdwavefashion (dot) com and in the body of the email let us know what made this internship stand out to you. Please include all of your social media information, and any blog that you may have/write for. We’d also like if you can answer this: What is your one-paragraph editorial description of RentTheRunway?
Thanks so much for your interest. Good luck!