Topshop, which shows its Unique line during London Fashion Week, plans to take livestreaming to a new, interactive, shopable level this season.
Those of us not lucky enough to go to London and see the collection IRL can still see, share and even buy the looks in real time. The new technology will allow viewers to do the following:
• Change the color of selected key looks and accessories and share them the moment they hit the runway
• Order items instantly for delivery in six weeks’ time
• Click a “shoot the show” camera button placed on the corner of the livestream to capture looks from the show.
• Buy beauty products immediately and receive them within 48 hours with styling tips and tutorials
• Download the runway music on iTunes during and after the show
While TV is starting to be all about DVR and watching things online after the fact, fashion seems to be going in the opposite direction with Style.com uploading pics instantly, everyone doing livestreams and now, this. Topshop is even letting livestream viewers be critics: Review the show on Twitter the day of and Topshop will pick the best tweet and give the winner vip tickets to the next show.
You can watch the show live on Topshop.com on Sunday September 16th at 3pm GMT/10am EST–will you be shopping the show?