EDDIE BORGO Studio is looking for professional and hard working candidates to intern in our New York City Studio for the Fall/Winter (October January), Spring (January-May) and Summer (May-September).
INTERNING AT EDDIE BORGO
Problem solving ability is a must! This is a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and interns must be flexible and enthusiastic. There are many opportunities for involvement in exciting projects that aid in the development of the company. All candidates must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and work closely with various department heads. Creativity is encouraged!
APPLYING TO BE AN INTERN
All interested candidates should email Bianca Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship-NAME OF INTERNSHIP POSITION” in the subject line along with a cover letter, resume and portfolio (optional).
Those selected will be given an opportunity to work hands-on in a jewelry design studio and gain invaluable experience in all areas of design, sales, development and production.
• All candidates should be able to commit a minimum of 2-3 days a week but we are willing to accommodate varying schedules.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
• Stellar organizational skill
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities on a daily basis
• Ability to fully own projects (time management, accountability, status updates, etc.)
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with luxury fashion/jewelry brands
• Ability to work independently and in a groups
• Able to complete basic administrative tasks
TYPES OF INTERNSHIP POSITIONS
Design interns should have basic proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Rhino. Candidates should currently be pursuing a degree in Design.
• Support to Production and Product Development staff
• Support to Design and Research team (basic 3D work)
• Assisting design and research team with daily projects
• Basic 3D work, specing, preparing tech packs
• Helping to organize and maintain vision/mood boards
• Make inspiration and design boards
• Vector/Render images of jewelry in illustrator
• Update new artwork
• Assist with merchandising the showroom for meetings
• Small assembling tasks
OPERATIONS / LOGISTICS INTERNSHIP
Operations/Logistics Intern should be extremely proficient in Microsoft Office. Candidates should currently be pursuing a degree in Logistics, Business/Fashion/Luxury Goods Management, Supply Chain Management, Entrepreneurship or other applicable Business/Fashion oriented majors.
• Assisting with the development and maintenance of Inventory System
• Assisting with the development and maintenance of Jewelry Repairs Program
• Receiving and inspecting damaged goods; returning repairs/replacements to clients*
• Assist in brainstorming storage and packaging solutions.
• Assist in monitoring inventory movement, from receiving, to allocating, and shipping
• Assisting with daily logistical and administrative tasks
• Assisting with sample organization for archives.
• Assisting with inventory management and fulfillment of store orders
• Assisting with various projects related to quality control of incoming production
STUDIO + SHOWROOM INTERNSHIP
Studio interns should be very organized, goal oriented and very proficient in Excel. Studio Interns will be able to work on introductory assignments and projects in each department based on studio needs. Intern should be extremely proficient in Microsoft Office. Candidates should currently be pursuing a degree in Logistics, Business/Fashion/Luxury Goods Management, Fashion Merchandising Management, Entrepreneurship or other applicable Business/Fashion oriented
• Assist Studio Director and Assistant in the day to day tasks and small projects
• Assistance with trafficking and pulling samples for Sales and Press; arrange shipments
• Creation and maintenance of schedules and contact lists
• Tracking Special Order + VIP purchases
• Assist in providing product, promotion, and pricing information by clarifying customer request; selecting appropriate information; forwarding information; answering questions.
• Researching stores and press
• Assisting with showroom appointments, ad campaigns, market week and other events.
• Assisting in maintenance of charts/graphs related to inventory traffic
• Assisting in maintaining organization of studio samples and jewelry archives
• Various administrative duties for Studio Director