Surprisingly, SFO beats out Los Angeles’ LAX for quality of shopping (so much so that we couldn’t find one store worth highlighting at LAX). From a few crunchy Northern California gems to trendy fast fashion, you can definitely drop a few bucks here.
• Destination Green: Very San Francisco-esque, everything here is recycled, sustainable, or earth friendly. They even sell redwood seedlings.
• The Fickle Bag: This outpost of a Berkeley-based handbag shop sells inexpensive, trendy bags and accessories.
• Ghirardelli: Sure you can get Ghirardelli anywhere these days, but why not grab some dark chocolate or peppermint bark in the chocolate brand’s home town?
• Kiehl’s: Stop in and grab some moisturizer and the famous Lip Balm #1 before your flight dries you out.
• Mango: So random, yet so awesome that this is in the airport. Pick up some fast fashion from the Spanish chain.
• SF Museum of Modern Art Store: The usual assortment of museum shop merch.
Extra Cash to Burn?: