Highly regarded emerging fashion brand, KAELEN, seeks Production/Product Development intern to assist Production/Product Development Manager with all aspects of production.
KAELEN is a women’s line that is in it’s 7th season, based out of Soho, New York. We are a small company that is growing quickly! KAELEN focuses on clean, modern silhouettes. We create our own prints and produce everything in NYC. Our line is carried in retailers such as ShopBop, Satine Boutique, Dagny & Barstow and Louis Boston.
- Assist production manager with both product development and current season production
- Liase daily with domestic factories to ensure timely deliveries and quality product
- Help with shipping and billing process for all bulk orders
- Help source trims, fabrics, linings, etc for the new collection and production
- Help create and update spreadsheets that track all essential information for all styles
- Assist with quality control of all merchandise
- Sketch flats and aid in the creation of linelists
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Should be able to commit to 2-3 days a week starting Jan. 2013
- Must be extremely organized, neat, mature and able to multi-task
- Have Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel..etc)
- Working technical understanding and knowledge of garment construction, specs and tech packs are a plus
- Knowledge of the garment district agents and suppliers
- Experience with better contemporary or designer level brands are a plus, but not necessary.
Applying to be an intern:
All interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Product Development Intern” in the subject line. Please include your resume and cover letter.