NOVIS NYC is seeking applicants for the role of Sales Director. The ideal candidate is an intuitive self-starter with strong management skills who works well under pressure and in fast-paced environments. Significant experience with high-end womenswear is required.
This position will allow candidates to oversee and direct all aspects of wholesale, direct and e-commerce sales and will allow for daily interaction with the CEO. The position requires attention to detail, the ability to self-motivate, leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience working with a womenswear or luxury brand
• Computer Skills: proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word, basic understanding of sales reporting, inventory turns and industry performance metrics
• Existing relationships with buyers and retailers a significant plus
• Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with Adobe Suite highly desired
• Extremely detail-oriented
• Strong communication, written and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task/juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done; especially when important deadlines and events cause greater than normal pressures
Responsibilities: Employee shall provide services, which include, but are not limited to:
• Manage day to day department operations to improve efficiency and ensure that all sales are executed with a heightened level of precision.
• Manage all domestic and international sales strategy, distribution, implementation, fulfillment and collections for the company.
• Oversee wholesale accounts and manage relationships with retail outlets.
• Oversee direct sales orders and fulfillment.
• Advise on new product engineering by advising on new styles and styles with the best sell through and desired price points.
• Oversee and optimize inventory management and turn.
• Work to create best practices for the sales team.
• Oversee all online sales and online strategy.
• Oversee maintenance of various log books, charts and reference resources for sales figures and projections.
• Oversee tradeshows and sales related events including trunk shows.
• Work with the CEO and partners to create budgets for inventory buildup, expenses and sales projections.
• Work with the CEO and partners to create and implement short term and long term strategic sales plans for the company.
• Implement 3 month, 6 month, 1 yr and 2 yr growth strategies
• Create a strategic 3 year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve our sales goals.
• Assist CEO on Special Projects as needed.
Note: Compensation will depend on previous work experience. Please forward your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: [email protected].