Having spent the past 15 years creating a mini fashion world grounded in classic American roots – fashioned with a twist – it’s clear that Steven Alan has quietly emerged an uncommon fashion pioneer. Upon opening his first retail store in 1994, Steven sold pieces from an eclectic group of emerging designers, becoming known for his keen eye. Building on his reputation for scouting the most intriguing young designers, the Steven Alan Showroom opened in 1996. Steven’s knack for the modern reinterpretation of classics garnered him an impressive roster of designers on the rise, and the Showroom now represents 25 designers of clothing, handbags and other accessories.
The launch of Steven Alan’s first collection in 1999, including his now-signature Reverse Seam Shirt, created a loyal following for Steven’s unique brand of casual, smart, self-assured essentials for both men and women. Steven now sells his collections at nine eponymous New York stores, and in 2008 introduced three locations in Southern California and two in Northern California. The Steven Alan Collection also reaches a global audience, and is now sold in over 300 stores worldwide.
• Coordinate with stores on purchase order receiving
• Resolve inventory discrepancies on vendor miss-ships
• Oversee order entry and maintenance in system
• Update style information in system
• Communicate with stores and vendors to process damages and returns
• Assist with invoice approvals when necessary
• Store visits
Skills & Requirements
• Degree educated or relevant experience gained in a fashion environment
• Excellent verbal and solid written communication skills
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Strong PC Skills: Excel, Outlook, and Word. Prior experience with Retail Anywhere POS is a plus
• Excellent work ethic and ability to multi-task
• Ability to identify problems, demonstrate use of initiative and implement appropriate solutions.
We will contact only those persons selected for further consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your resume!