Having spent the past 15 years creating a mini fashion world grounded in classic American roots – fashioned with a twist – it’s clear that Steven Alan has quietly emerged an uncommon fashion pioneer. Upon opening his first retail store in 1994, Steven sold pieces from an eclectic group of emerging designers, becoming known for his keen eye. Building on his reputation for scouting the most intriguing young designers, the Steven Alan Showroom opened in 1996. Steven’s knack for the modern reinterpretation of classics garnered him an impressive roster of designers on the rise, and the Showroom now represents 25 designers of clothing, handbags and other accessories.
The launch of Steven Alan’s first collection in 1999, including his now-signature Reverse Seam Shirt, created a loyal following for Steven’s unique brand of casual, smart, self-assured essentials for both men and women. Steven now sells his collections at nine eponymous New York stores, and in 2008 introduced three locations in Southern California and two in Northern California. The Steven Alan Collection also reaches a global audience, and is now sold in over 300 stores worldwide.
Steven Alan currently has an exceptional opportunity available for highly motivated candidate in Retail Management. Qualified individuals would be responsible for day-to-day responsibilities, developing and training a store staff, developing a strong clientele.
Store Manager Requirements:
• College Degree or equivalent experience.
• 3- 5 years of Retail Management experience with at least 2 years in a “Luxury Retail” and/or “High End” service environment.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
• Enthusiasm and ability to build and maintain an environment which projects a high level of taste and sophistication.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Exceptional people skills. .
• Ability to build, organize and motivate sales team.
Sales and Service
• Coach sales associates on all levels of selling skills.
• Reach or exceed weekly, monthly and seasonal sales goals.
• Communicate store and company information associates.
• Train and motivate sales associate performance through daily coaching, monthly check-ins and annual reviews.
• Set example for great customer service.
• Regularly reward great customer service and good work on the sales floor.
• Oversee Discount/VIP plan
• Communicate best/slow selling merchandise to buyer
• Product Training
• Conduct physical inventory.
• Merchandise store
• Market Research
• Recruit sales associates.
• Oversee employee training.
• Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis.
• Make sure all procedures and policies are understood.
• Enforce progressive discipline
• Work with manager(s) and buyer to control inventory process
• Plan and execute store and company strategies.
• Organize staff meetings:
• Store maintenance
• Order supplies.
We will contact only those persons selected for further consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your resume!