Reports to: VP, PR
Supervises: Assistant Manager, Editorial & Production, Associate and Coordinator, PR
General Summary: This position oversees day to day operations of the PR and professional outreach function for Bumble and bumble, managing the PR outreach calendar, and the editorial team. It also functions as key liaison for the external professional world, with particular focus on the fashion industry. This position plays a key role in developing and maintaining the companies relationships with external opinion leaders such as the Bb team of editorial stylists, their agents, modeling agencies, fashion PR firms, fashion production companies, designers, photographers, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
• A key liaison with marketing, art, new media and sales to ensure launches are communicated.
• Oversees day to day Pitches to editors – maintains ongoing contact with the main beauty editors and associates at the major magazines, pitches the editors story ideas and works with them on ongoing stories and regular columns. Directs efforts of PR Associate and coordinator responsible for regional and niche publications.
• Oversees and writes the majority of PR materials
• Directs pitch calendar of monthly stories: ensures that pitches and mailings go out on time.
• Develops outreach strategy for Television press, including media training and developing spokespeople.
• Manages PR outreach for Fashion Week activities
• Independence of Action and Accountability – Director makes many decisions on her own, but most are approved by the supervisor.
• Budget Responsibility: develops budgets for all relevant projects working with VP of Global Communications.
• Oversees efforts of PR associate and coordinator, and ensures day to day actions sync up
• Directs and executes major projects such as Holiday press open house, assigning and delegating duties to Associate and Coordinator.
• Work with VP, PR to develop strategy and execution of professional industry outreach
• Oversee Bb fashion week — Working with Assistant Manager, handle decision making and execution of booking shows, create and schedule teams based on skill level, talents, and schedules, negotiate with agents using contract days, creating cohesive backstage teams.
• Maintain and oversee calendar, call times, tests and all pertinent details.
• Cultivate Editorial Stylists – key contact with the team, both contracted stylists and internal stylists based in salons. Match stylist with appropriate assistants, rotate accordingly, with a goal of supporting ES and developing the assistants. Provide details for fashion weeks to the editorial stylists and teams. Oversee and “mentor” assistants both in NY and in Europe for collections.
• Serve as a key liaison with professional community. Work with stylists in the industry, introducing them to Bb products, and create relationships with these influencers. Focus on high fashion editorial, while developing other professional communities such as TV, Film, and Theater.
• Support produce photo shoots for product campaigns and key fashion-related company events – arrange model casting, hair stylists, makeup artists and styling as needed.
• Oversee assistant manager and provide mentorship and strong positive leadership.
• Budget responsibility – oversee budgets for fashion week (assistant payments, product ordering and forecasting, T & E) as well as other professional alliances (Los Angeles/Entertainment outreach).
• Travel – Travel to international Fashion Week locations (Paris) and Los Angeles 2 x per year (approximately).
• 7+ years experience in fashion/beauty industries, with emphasis on fashion production, and professionals such as hairdressers, makeup artists, stylists, etc.
• Must be able to work with artistic/creative personalities, negotiate with outside parties (stylist’s agents, fashion designer production, etc). Must understand and relate to the fashion and entertainment industries, hairdressers, photographers, stylists, agents, PR firms.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve; deal with many types of personalities
• Ability to work well with other departments within the company – Salon, PR (publicity) team, Education, and Marketing.
• Working knowledge of major fashion publications, both mainstream and avante garde, as well as fashion photographers, stylists, etc.
• Fashion industry contacts in NY, London, Paris and Milan
• Sense of style and personal presentation
This position is Manager/Director level Consultant is for 3-6 months and we are open to 3-5 days per week. Interested Applicants can email their resume to Hremail@example.com.