Pumpkin Soup In Pumpkin Soup Bowls
Select fresh, seasonal, organic ingredients
6 cups peeled and seeded butternut squash
6 stalks celery
2 medium yellow onions
4 medium carrots
2 medium apples, cored
4 sprigs of thyme
½ cup parsley
3 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp olive oil
4 cups of vegetable broth or chicken stock
1 cup of whipping cream or ½ and ½ (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Wash and peel (if needed) vegetables and apples. Coarsely chop and place in roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Strip thyme leaves, chop parsley and garlic and add to vegetables.
4. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
5. Transfer vegetables and apples to soup pot. Add broth. Puree until smooth in food processor or with immersion stick blender.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cream (if desired) and heat over medium flame. Pour into pumpkin bowls and serve warm with choice of garnishes: fresh herbs, crème fraiche, grated parmesan cheese, croutons, or toasted pumpkin seeds.