Company: International Cosmetics & Perfumes in New York, NY
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: PR Associate Manager
General Summary: This position oversees day to day operations of the PR and Corporate Communications function at ICP. It also functions as key liaison for the external professional/media world. This position plays a key role in developing and maintaining the company’s relationships with external parties.
Duties and Responsibilities
• A key liaison with marketing and sales to ensure launches are communicated.
• Oversees day to day Pitches to editors – maintains ongoing contact with the main beauty editors and associates at the major magazines, pitches the editors story ideas and works with them on ongoing stories and regular columns.
• Directs efforts of PR Associate and provide mentorship and strong positive leadership.
• Oversees and writes all PR materials
• Directs pitch calendar of monthly stories: ensures that pitches and mailings go out on time.
• Develops outreach strategy for television press, including media training and developing spokespeople.
• Manages PR outreach for Fashion Week activities
• Budget Responsibility: develops budgets for all relevant projects working with CEO and President
• Works with CEO and President to develop strategy and execution of professional industry outreach
• Some travel required (approximately 2x/yr).
• 10+ years experience in fashion/beauty industries, with emphasis on fragrance and skincare categories
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve
• Ability to work well with other departments within the company, dealing with many types of personalities
• Working knowledge of major fashion publications, both mainstream and avante garde, as well as local and regional luxury publications
• Sense of style and personal presentation
Interested Applicants can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Cosmetics & Perfumes Company Summary:
Based in New York City, privately held International Cosmetics & Perfumes, Inc. (ICP) is an exclusive creator, marketer and distributor of luxury fragrance and skin care products developed in France for a discerning clientele in the Americas. ICP employs dedicated professionals committed to purveying goods of superior quality and integrity in luxury retail environments.
ICP is the exclusive marketer and distributor in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico of fragrances created by CREED, the 252-year-old royal and dynastic fragrance house based in Paris.
ICP is the creator, global marketer and distributor of Hanae Mori Parfums, one of the world’s most enduringly popular and consistently innovative fragrance lines for men and women.
ICP is the global marketer and distributor of luxury skin care products from the Rio clinic of world renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Ivo Pitanguy. ICP offers the products under the Beauty by Clinica Ivo Pitanguy brand.
ICP is a supportive member of the communities in which it does business, and the company has a strong history of charitable support.
ICP is an equal opportunity employer.