Third Wave Fashion is a company that builds and connects fashion tech startups. We also work with brands and investors in finding the most awesome fashion startups to partner with or invest in. We host monthly meetups, have an awesome blog with a strong entrepreneurial readership, and we’re building out a massive database that tracks every startup in the space. We’re looking for a fashion & business savvy, dynamic, and disciplined person to join our small and incredibly awesome team to help us through winter and spring. This is a great opportunity for those who want to break into the fashion tech industry; and trust us, there’s a lot to learn! It’s an exciting time for fashion + technology, and there’s no better place to come experience it all than with us!
Job consists of:
• Doing extensive research on notable fashion startups
• Entering the research into the backend of our database
• Social media duties: such as Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram
• Always being on the lookout for any business related developments amongst notable companies in the fashion tech space
• When you’re not working on the database, you’d be scouring the web looking for new startups that we may add to our database
• Assisting in our fabulous TWF meetups–from production to execution
• Writing comprehensive articles for the TWF blog & Tumblr
• Attending events to write recaps and to network & represent Third Wave Fashion
• This is an unpaid position, but college credit is available
Who we’re looking for:
• A go-getter with a deep love of fashion & the ever-evolving tech space
• Someone that is experienced in social media
• Someone with very strong writing skills
• Someone that understands, loves, and enjoys the new wave of fashion
• NYC-based preferred, but happy to work with talented interns virtually
• Must be organized and a self-starter
• Someone who genuinely loves to learn and soak in valuable information
• Must be available to work a minimum of 15-20 hours a week. Scheduling will be discussed during interview.
• Must be fun, easygoing, and a kick-ass team player!
Please send us your resume to cyndi (at) thirdwavefashion (dot) com and in the body of the email let us know what made this internship stand out to you. Please include all of your social media information, and any blog that you may have/write for. We’d also like if you can answer this: What is your one-paragraph editorial description of Poshmark App?
Thanks so much for your interest. Good luck!